Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good Day for Daddy Too!

After Adrienne told me that she got to hold Eli yesterday, I couldn't just sit back and let her have all of the fun, so Caleb and I went to visit Mommy and Eli in the hospital today.  I got to hold Eli for the first time in over a week and it was everything I hoped it would be.  Adrienne had just fed him 5cc via bottle and then handed him to me, so he was content and happy and just melted in my arms.  Good day for Daddy indeed!

I have loved being home with Caleb the last couple days and I think he really likes being at home with a parental unit after the craziness of the last couple weeks.  He's mostly back to his old self being a good, compliant little boy.  Even at the hospital he was back to chatting up everybody and wandering into people's rooms to say "Hi, you're watching TV!" and then walking out.  Luckily everyone just smiles and says how cute he is rather than being annoyed at an invasion of their personal space.

Here are a few more pics of Eli from yesterday and today:

Snug as a bug in a rug


Mommy gets to hold Eli for first time in over a week!



Happy Mommy, Big Brother not so sure

Caleb playing with Eli's "spaceship" bed

Tough little man needs his rest

3 comments:

  1. oh sweet little bug! you can see on Adrienne's pretty face how happy she is! So great! Eli is looking amazing! Yay for daddy snuggles!!!!! such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much you guys and this little warrior have been through. You are a family of warriors! Little Caleb had his own fight too. Just amazing. It's so wonderful to see you guys getting to operate a little more normally all together. Can't wait to hug each of you! Love you guys so much and still praying over baby Eli especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so precious! Give him love from the Zwieners. Hang in there...we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete