I told you all that it would happen quickly. Yesterday at rounds all of the doctors felt that he was ready to come home. So they said make sure he has a car seat and be prepared to bring him home! The day yesterday was spent getting prepared to go home. He got half of his sutures out, and a hearing test. Plus the pharmacist instructed me on all of the medications he needs. And I have been practicing giving his Lovenox injection. I didn't want to say anything yesterday so as not to jinx it. Plus it's never a sure thing when they tell you something one day in a hospital, then the next day they could be thinking something totally different (Just look at how many days the told us we were going to the floor and it didn't happen for awhile).
Today, the only thing really holding him back was the car seat issue. We didn't have a car seat for under 5 lbs, and he's only 4.5 lbs. So they signed us up for the car seat program here at Children's which will be nice because it will probably be cheaper than going out and buying one from Target or Babies R us. So the OT got us a new car seat and he is now currently doing his Car seat Challange. He needs to sit in the car seat without de-stating or alarming for 90 minutes. He is at 60 minutes right now. So as long as something crazy doesn't happen in the next 30 minutes, he will be OK-ed to go home. When this is over the nurse practitioner will be in to remove the rest of his sutures and then we will need to walk down stairs to the pharmacy to pick up all of his meds. Then we will be FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are really excited. But it's also so weird and crazy that he will be home in just a few hours. The other funny things is he will have so many different doctors appointments next week it will pretty much be like we are still in the hospital! But at least for the majority of the day we will just be able to be home! All of us!!!
congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe rejoice with you! Enjoy being home all together! Uncle Ron and Aunt Debbie
ReplyDeleteHello Adrienne and family, I came acrossed your blog on facebook 3 days ago. I didn't even know that you were pregnant and it has taken me 3 days to read and catch all the way up on what is going on (I am not on the computer much). What a great day today is! I am so happy that you guys all get to head home together, that is awesome and such an answer to prayer. My heart goes out to you guys and your boys. Thank you for sharing through this blog. <3 Jenni Pritchard
ReplyDelete